The government provides additional ring-fenced funding to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this, which we are required to report.
We are currently using our grant to:
- The grant is used to provide and/or support the following:
- Employing a local coach to provide lunchtime and after school activities
- An enhanced swimming programme whereby Year Five and Year Two go swimming weekly throughout the year
- Introducing new initiatives such as young leaders
- Provide quality assured training for staff to raise their confidence in teaching PE and sport
- To enable the school to buy into local sports networks.
We are proud to be one of the few schools in Westminster to be awarded Healthy Schools Silver status, in part due to our efforts to raise the profile and impact of P.E. and sports provision in our school.
We provide children with a weekly swimming lesson for a year in both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
Year 2 and Year 5 attend the Marshall Street Swimming Pool for lessons with qualified swimming instructors.
*At the start of Year 6 88% of the class can swim 25m or more.